Basecamp Class™ Obsidian Recycled Cooler
Usually ships within two business days
An Aboriginal Proverb states: The more you know, the less you need.
Manufacturing things has a cost, an environmental impact. We don’t yet know how to completely negate that, but we’re learning how to do more with less, to reduce waste and minimize our consumption of raw materials without compromising on quality and durability.
Our Obsidian Basecamp Class™ hard cooler is the result of asking questions, testing, observing, refining and repeating. Its rotationally molded, seamless shell is made from 100% reground and recycled linear low-density polyethylene resin – material that is endlessly recyclable in the right hands, but too often ends up in landfills and oceans. Its core is Ecofoam, the most environmentally friendly hard cell insulation currently available. Its rock solid handles are black anodized aluminum, the most recyclable of all metals.
Its aesthetic is intentionally understated. It doesn’t cry out for your attention; it just does its job. That job is to provide best in class insulation while being rugged enough to have a jeep parked on it or survive being thrown off a roof while fully loaded.
- Top Loader Latches - When prepping for travel, every inch of space counts. We use Top Loader Latches™ so you can pack tight and access what you need without moving surrounding gear.
- Anti-Slip Goat Feet - We didn’t name this cooler component Anti-Slip Goat Feet™ for nothing. Goat Feet™ pads won’t budge and keep your contents steady on a variety of surfaces. Added bonus: they prevent the cooler from directly touching hot surfaces, which greatly improves ice retention.
- Certified Bear Resistant - The Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee has independently certified our coolers as “Bear Resistant” when the bear locks are utilized. If you want to see how the test is conducted (with real bears and real Cordova Coolers) click here. Spoiler alert: It’s awesome.
- Patented Lid Lock - Nobody wants a heavy lid to smack down on fingers when retrieving ice cold refreshments. The Lid Lock™ system keeps the lid up and locked in place at 70° and 90° for as long as you need it to.
- Built-In Bottle Opener - Forgetting the bottle opener at home is a drag but have no fear! Cordova has you covered with a bottle opener built right into the sturdy aluminum handles.
- Keeps Cold for Days - When pre-cooled, (getting the insulation in the cooler cold, which will melt your first batch of ice) the foam used in all Cordova hard side coolers is robust enough to keep your refreshments cold for days on end.
- American Made - From design to finished product, we take pride in the fact that our rotomolded coolers are hand crafted from start to finish in the United States.
Take Care of Your Gear and Your Gear Will Take Care of You
We pride ourselves on craftsmanship and set wildly high standards, which is why we owe you a five-year warranty on all hard coolers from the original date of purchase. We ask that you register your cooler within 30 days, follow our care and maintenance recommendations, and refrain from using your cooler as a flotation device, catapult projectile, housing for an explosive gender-reveal party device, or other ill-advised activity not stated herein.
Other circumstances that will get your cooler warranty in hot water and voided:
- Used for commercial purposes
- Damaged through abuse, misuse, or neglect
- Damaged in an accident or environmental calamity
- Unreasonably used for a purpose for which it wasn’t intended
- Deliberately modified or messed with (repaired or altered in any way from its original configuration)
- Purchased as a blemished cooler
Beyond bumpy trails, angry seas, and Texas summers, sometimes a cooler may not perform at its very best. With your proof of purchase and product registration, Cordova Outdoors will work with you to repair defective parts or replace the cooler during the warranty period (sorry, no cash refunds). To file a warranty claim, simply fill out the short form on the website, provide a description of the problem, and upload a photo of the damage. After you receive a return authorization number, return the damaged product directly to Cordova Outdoors in its original box or adequate packaging. Freight is prepaid at the customer's expense.
Cordova Outdoors reserves the right to substitute products or designs without obligation to provide the original designs associated with the defective product. In other words, repaired or replaced coolers will be the same size and color as the defective cooler but it may have a new and improved look.
Please note: warranty claims on products purchased from non-authorized resellers of Cordova Outdoors products will not be accepted. This includes but is not limited to: eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist and other classified advertisement websites. If you do run into a warranty worthy issue, please refer back to your seller.